George Marie has studied composition with William P. Dougherty, Lawrence Fritts, Scott Wyatt, Steve Roens, and Miguel Chuaqui. He holds a Bachelors from Drake University, a Masters from the University of Iowa, and a PhD from the University of Utah. Please download my CV here.
Some of My Music
•Forthcoming Peer-Reviewed Publication: “Flipping the Final: Possibilities For Assessment in the Flipped Music
Classroom,” Proceedings from the Symposium on Emerging Technology Trends in Higher Education, Spring
• PhD Dissertation: “Tiny Infinity for Orchestra and Stefan Wolpe’s Zone Technique and Ralph Shapey’s Late
Music: An Intensive Analysis of String Quartet No. 9,” August 2014.
• Composition Premiere: “Velvet Shoes,” Oregon Bach Festival, June 2013.
• Music Software: Ear Training Software for Introduction to Music Theory Students, University of Utah, May
• Paper Presentation: “Harmonic Dualism and Generalized Musical Spaces,” American Musicological SocietySouthwest,
• Composition Premiere: Earth Moves for Electronic Media, Prospectives International Digital Art Festival,
• Paper Presentation: “Max/MSP and Aural Skills Instruction,” SEAMUS National Conference, April 2010.
• Composition Premiere: Dialectical Oppositions for Electronic Media, Prospectives International Digital Art
Festival, November 2009.
• Composition Premiere: Improvisations for Bassoon and Electronic Media, International Double Reed Society
Conference, July 2008.